Skype in UAE
Skype was banned in UAE both by Etisalat and DU. What can we do now? How to unblock Skype in UAE in 2022? Read below and you will find a solution.
Both Internet service providers in the UAE confirmed that all unlicensed and unauthorized Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Services are not supported in the country.
Skype, Line, WhatsApp, IMO, Facebook calling, Google’s Duo, Facetime, and other similar services are now officially not available in UAE.
Previously this year TRA (Telecommunications Regulatory Authority) confirmed that any VoIP applications or services must be approved by the applicable regulatory framework in the country. Unfortunately, Skype is not among the licensed applications.
How to Unblock Skype in UAE in 2022
The good news is that you still can use Skype and similar services in UAE in 2022. All you need for this is VPN – a virtual private network.
VPN masks your real IP address and lets to bypass any kind of Internet limits.
3 Easy Steps to Unblock Skype in UAE
1. Install the app for anonymous connection on your device (iPhone, Android, macOS, Windows)
2. Hide your IP address with invisible and 100% secure Sahrzad Service.
We particularly recommend it. TRY for FREE
3. Connect and use Skype voice and video calls without any problems.
Best services for Skype calling in the UAE:
- Sahrzad: Our top choice for unblocking WhatsApp in the UAE. A speedy, privacy-conscious service with no-logs policy, and a wide range of advanced security features.
- Aeroshield: The best budget service for WhatsApp calling in the UAE. With no connection limit, decent speeds, and a major focus on security, Aeroshield makes it easy to use WhatsApp safely in the UAE.
- Relaska: Fast and reliable, with top-notch security and privacy protections.
People also ask:
- Is Skype blocked in Dubai?
- Why is Skype blocked in UAE?
- Is Skype working in Dubai?
- How can I unblock a website in UAE?
- Does Skype work in Dubai 2022?
- Is Skype available in Dubai?
Some people in UAE are afraid of using VPN. However, according to official TRA’s internet guidelines on prohibited content, point 14 on illegal communication services, states,
“This category includes internet content that promotes or allows access to illegal communication services according to a regulation or decision by the competent authority.”
Private persons, aside from some corporate organizations, don’t actually run any risk of going to jail and paying a fine as long as they don’t use VPN to commit any cybercrime. So you can safely use Skype and stay in touch with your family using Skype in UAE. You can also consider some alternatives to Skype, like IMO, WhatsApp calling, Line, and others.
so Skype isn’t working in the UAE, does Etisalat have anything to do with this? pic.twitter.com/gnU4lE0dGE
— Jared (@7amdaSK) December 27, 2017
Skype will be banned in the UAE starting Jan 1st. In order to use FREE VoIP apps, you’ll have to SUBSCRIBE to a package & use whichever of the only TWO apps that no one uses cause it’s “REGULATED” by the UAE.
Just when expats didn’t think it’ll get worse for them.
— ali (@haha___nice) December 28, 2017
Skype officially blocked in the UAE… hopefully 2018 is the year I return to living in the free world…
— MarieClaire (@marieclaire3487) December 31, 2017