No one can deny the fact that Apple’s iPhone and iPad have magically captured millions of fans around the world. Despite controversies, Apple fans continue to spend overnight in long lines just to be among the first ones to grab the latest model. But no matter what Apple engineers do to improve each design, there will always be this risk of security and invasion of privacy. And because these devices were designed to be handy and can be used anywhere, you need to protect yourself using a reliable VPN.
From the name itself, a VPN (Virtual Private Network) is simply a collection of devices that can communicate with each other ‘secretly’ on the Internet. There are also different kinds of VPNs, as well as various setups and configurations. If you are not a tech-savvy person, the structure of a VPN might be boring and complicated for you. However, it is very important that you understand how VPN works so you know how it can help you be more secure while you are enjoying your iPad or iPhone.
VPN for iPhone
First of all, Apple has its own security features against robbers and identity theft. Apple CEO Tim Cook also has promised to improve the current iOs version on the way the company handles users’ private data when they log in to iTunes and iCloud. But while this bright idea is a good sign of showing concerns to their customers, it is still not enough. After all, you didn’t buy an Apple device just because you are a die-hard Apple fan. You bought it because you also want to surf the web and visit some websites.
And as mentioned earlier, iPhones and iPads can be used anywhere especially in a non-secured Wi-Fi zone. These days, they are almost everywhere such as in cafes and restaurants, hotels, airports, train stations, and others. Apparently, this is when a VPN can protect you, the way Apple is not capable of doing. With a VPN, you can browse websites anonymously from your mobile device. You will be provided a new IP address, and therefore hides your real IP address as well as your geo-location. And yes, it is legal to use VPN.
But this is not the only benefit of using VPN for iPhone and iPad. VPN traffic is also well encrypted, which means your online activities are hidden too. This means no one or system can easily intercept you data, not even hackers. This is the greatest advantage of VPN over other ways of surfing the Internet anonymously. This is also why many people use VPN to unblock restricted sites when they are in a country that imposes strict Internet censorship, like China and in the Gulf region.
Top Reasons to Use VPN for iPhone
Using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) on your iPhone can provide several benefits:
- Enhanced Security: VPNs encrypt your internet connection, securing your data and protecting it from potential hackers or malicious entities, especially when using public Wi-Fi networks.
- Privacy Protection: VPNs mask your IP address, making it more challenging for websites and online services to track your online activities. This helps protect your privacy and maintain anonymity.
- Bypass Geo-Restrictions: VPNs allow you to access content that may be restricted based on your geographical location. By connecting to a server in a different region, you can access region-specific content or services.
- Get Your Secure VPN for iPhone
- Secure Online Transactions: When using a VPN, your sensitive information, such as passwords and credit card details, is encrypted, adding an extra layer of security when making online transactions or accessing banking services.
- Avoid Censorship: In some regions, certain websites or services may be restricted. A VPN allows you to bypass such censorship and access the internet freely, regardless of your physical location.
- Safe Public Wi-Fi Use: Public Wi-Fi networks are often less secure, making users vulnerable to cyber threats. A VPN encrypts your connection, ensuring a higher level of security when using public Wi-Fi, such as in cafes, airports, or hotels.
- Prevent ISP Tracking: VPNs prevent your Internet Service Provider (ISP) from monitoring and tracking your online activities, giving you more control over your privacy.
- Remote Access: For business users, a VPN can provide secure remote access to a company’s internal network, allowing employees to connect and work from anywhere securely.
- Avoid Bandwidth Throttling: Some ISPs may intentionally slow down your internet speed, a practice known as bandwidth throttling. Using a VPN can help bypass such restrictions and maintain optimal internet speed.
- Protect Against Cyber Threats: VPNs add an extra layer of security against various online threats, including phishing attacks, malware, and other cyber threats that may compromise your device or personal information.
Remember that while VPNs offer enhanced privacy and security, it’s essential to choose a reputable VPN service and adhere to the terms of service to ensure a positive and secure online experience.
However, not all VPN providers are the same. There are the free VPNs and the premium ones. But paid VPN are far much better than the free ones in all aspects except of course that you need to pay. Note also that a free VPN needs money to survive, and they get this from advertisements that will appear right in front of your face as you activate their service. Come to think of it, don’t you think it’s weird that you can afford to buy expensive devices and yet you are hesitant to spend a few bucks for your online security?